Tuesday, April 10, 2012

For Val!!!

A midweek post, hooray. I'll start with the awesome meal I had last Wed...But first, some background. A few years ago (so weird it's been years at this point) I started hanging out with Val- then, just a measly worker at Dreamland with me ha! And at a certain point, we pretty much had entire weekdays mapped out for something awesome. Sundays- HBO block, Mondays-study date, Tuesdays-NBC block, Wednesday-fun day, Thursdays- Bravo, Fridays-Sat. work together. As you can see, a lot of time spent together-mostly watching tv lol. But nothing gold can stay (omg, I did not just say that, it's on par with a terrible joke Val would tell). She graduated, so did I (eventually). She started pharmacy school and I got a big girl job, and even though she lives 4 houses down from me, hanging out has pretty much been reduced to Wed...so we try to make them pretty spectacular. And that usually involves amazing food.

So last Wed. her, Mic and I went to the kitchen. That's the name...The Kitchen-on George St. They are a super cute restaurant that I first went to for a friend's birthday dinner. It's tapas style mostly but they have some awesome entrees for two as well. Some of the absolute best shrimp and grits I've ever had. I don't like grits, and as Michael informed me, it's actually polenta so I guess that answers why I love it so much. Sooooo cheesy and rich and the shrimp are always fat and cooked properly.

Last Wed. was no exception. I got steamed mussels in a buttery white wine sauce, Mic started with thai summer rolls and Val had some delicious wok broccoli in some kind of garlic/nut sauce that was excellent. Then, Mic and I split the blackened flounder and green beans. They do such a great job of executing these dishes perfectly! It's def. going to be our Wed. place for a while.

I think I'm gonna stop there...too tired from work to give this the full attention it deserves

No comments:

Post a Comment