Monday, April 2, 2012

I didn't hold out...

Well well well....looks like the 2-3 updates a week is also too lofty a goal... so once a week updates it is! I'm pretty sure there's only 4 people actually checking this besides myself, 3 of whom I talked to today (Hi Mom!!). So, on with it.

Game of Thrones started back this week. If you didn't know my infatuation with this series let me paint you a picture. It's 2009 and Michael and I are on our way to California for his friend's wedding (well, our friends now :) Stuck in the airport I grab the only sci-fi fantasy book I can find...A Song of Ice and Fire Book 1 (Game of Thrones).....Many...many many layovers, two 4 hour flights later I'm absolutely hooked. So I bought the box set, got Michael hooked and the rest is history...unbelievably- someone else must have been thinking the same thing because it became a hit series one year later! YAY! There's 5 books with the 6th set for 2014 so I really hope they keep the tv show going. I'm not going to lie, after Harry Potter ended there's been a GIANT hole in my heart. Oh, also, speaking of bandwagon books, I started (and finished) Hunger Games Trilogy this week as well. While it is really good...especially the imagery, I'm not 100% satisfied with how the series ended. But I won't spoil it- even though I love spoilers :) The movie is also something I'm really looking forward to.

so in honor of that: picture time
House Sigil pizza!! for those who are unfamiliar, this reference will not help but it's Lannister, Stark, Targaryen, and Baratheon  woooo wooo!

ok moving on to dinner tonight...sadly it's a repeat so I won't go into a lot of detail but it was:
Cilantro lime chicken breasts- two huge breasts (har har) marinated in cilantro, lime, butter, garlic and sriracha sauce and worschestershire...the sauce is kind of modify to taste
Bird's eye steamers- healthy colors medley: squash, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots- which of course I dug out and gave to Monster.
and finally mexican corn- now I know I mentioned I love onions (and if I didn't, well I just did so there) so I used a whole onion chopped course, a can of corn, a TON of garlic (3-4 cloves), Tony's seasoning, cumin to taste, lime juice, red pepper flakes to taste and sauteed the crap out of it...I cooked the onions waaay down so they were pretty caramelized (and I have leftovers for garbage pasta! yayyyy)

What's next? News? Blugh, I wish I was more like my Dad or grandmother...they seem to always be up on the most relevant and recent issues as well as super informed. I just hate the hassle and disappointment that comes from watching how messed up our country/world can be...we sensationalize negativity and it's a bummer. So when I actually have something I want to learn about I usually end up isolating that one issue and googling it or something...meh, moving on.

3Ms::
Monster- I hate to say it, but he's been SO bad today. I cleaned his water bowl cause the little goober was pawing at it (full, and making a mess I might add) and then he dumped it EVERywhere. Got him a new bowl that he can't dump and now he's taken to dumping his food bowl over. No clue what this behavior is but boo on it. He's also getting shaved down on Wed. so let's all cross our fingers that his hair makes it back by winter.
Michael- he's sitting next to me working on a presentation for Wed. He's had a pretty busy week as usual but we did manage to tack on another 1/2 mile to our run. I think we're gonna stay at this distance and try to get faster. He's also going to try to teach me Runaway Train (it's a duel guitar song--awwww) on guitar at some point. I love love doing this kind of stuff together, especially since I'm lucky enough to have a guy that's talented enough to teach me so much <3 enough sap!!
Me- I desperately need to do dishes...but I think I'm going to put it off one more day! maybe two! Aside from that I'm back on my usual healthy kick...summer is around the corner and I hate the idea of being sweating to death walking in the heat. Losing weight would definitely be a great way to ease some of that burden...all for now :)







No comments:

Post a Comment