Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Two in One

Ok, time for a real big update..what a crazy couple of weeks. So, we'll start with the fact that I'm driving a 2012 Honda Accord!!!!!!!!! well, for a week...while mine's in the shop. But still, brings back glorious Honda memories from my Civic and this one is an automatic so my left foot and right hand can go back to atrophying with all the driving I do for work. I guess I'll start with the wreck: it was no biggie, I sorta hydroplaned in the rain in MS and I was the 4th to do so in a matter of minutes so the cops were already there. My car was actually drivable (which I can attest to since I've been all over the coast in it for the last 7 days lol) since I wasn't speeding so I was kind of lazy getting it to the repair place.

Next up, my gnarly fall. Val a few years back was running full speed ahead down Hillcrest when she tripped via shoelace and skinned the better part of three layers of skin off both knees (Hopefully she's relishing the fact that the audience of oh, about 5, are getting to read this :)...well picture a similar scenario, only I was running with a coworker's tiny dog through a parking area...and I hit both hands as well...and my face...bad news. The one good thing that came out of this is because my hand was so horribly scraped up I got a reprieve from doing the dishes for a week (long story short: Mic does ALL the laundry, I do all the dishes-- lots of permutations and years of bickering have lead to this functioning agreement). But alas, he remembered to bring home sterile gloves from lab last night so I finally faced that beast today. BOO! but it's done so whatevs. I now take back making fun of her "black mold" knees...my bad girl.

What else, what else. I started reading Heart of Darkness today. I "read" it years ago (and I use that term very loosely) and remember getting lost in the flowery language of it but not really following the plot so much. This time I'm being much more rigorous in my attention to grasp what's actually happening and it's really good...who knew? Apparently tons of people...including Francis Ford Coppola...since it's what Apocalypse Now is based on.

Reddit was *pretty good* today...instead of the usual picture I'll forgo it with links I really enjoyed- you're welcome!
Woo!! Dinosaurs
Genes vs. ZipCode
LHC!
oh shucks...I'm gonna include a pic anyways!

I mean, who doesn't love ALF...even if he is eating a cute kitten!

3Ms...my hand (the ripped to shreds one) is actually beginning to hurt so I'll just leave on this last note. Monster has deleted this blog twice by running across my lap while I'm typing. lucky for him this thing saves drafts periodically..he's also my best friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment